Thursday 13 March 2008

Too Late? Too Difficult?


With new legislation about age discrimination, it will be interesting to see if I get an interview for the job I applied for today. It requires someone to be the public face of the organisation, so I would normally expect them to be looking for young and attractive - we'll see!

My prayer for today is for people who constantly live with pain. I pray for two things, Father. First, that people will understand just how debilitating and disabling pain is. Second, that you would show me how best to pray. Of course I long for everyone to be healed of their pain. Is that something within our area of responsibility, Lord, or something only your sovereign power can achieve?

I pray for all research into pain relief to be guided and inspired by your Holy Spirit; for all with responsibility for the medical care of people in pain to play heir part conscientiously and to the full, and for your loving presence to give comfort and hope to those in pain. For nothing is too difficult for thee!

No comments: