Monday 2 March 2009

News from Nairobi


Mark's latest e-mail reads as follows:

"Dear Jenny, How are you doing over there? I hope you had a wonderful mass today like mine because the pastor was preaching about St Paul's letter to the Galatians which was interesting and understandable.I have just received some of the photo's that we took during the Christmas and i did not send to you immediately because i was expecting them. During our arrival, in church during Christmas, helping mum in her absence, cooking, clearing the compound. I hope they are nice. I did not hear from you about the neighbour who is coming to Nairobi - when am i expecting him? your brother in Christ Mike "
Oops! Mike? It seems I have been mis-calling our friend for 6 months. I am so sorry!
The good news is that donations have now passed £3,000.
I am trying to do my bit by running a Christian bookstall anywhere I am allowed to. New books (10% of cost goes to support Mike) and/or second-hand books can both be offered. All the second-hand books are donated by people who wanted to get behind the idea of a Christian bookstall in rural communities, so all the takings from these go to support Mike. I praise the Lord for all of you!

No comments: