Friday 18 April 2008

When God has other ideas

It's interesting how a day can go entirely differently from the way you planned it, but still be better in every way!

Today I was "set back" in my work programme by meeting a friend after Morning Prayer, and asking if I could accompany her on her walk with her dogs. This was a stunningly beautiful walk, even if the weather was a bit brisk today, so I was glad I did that.

My friend asking me about how my studies are going reminded me that I hadn't heard back from my tutor since submitting my last assignment. I thought it was time I got worried about this, so I phoned him, and learned that he hadn't received it! Having hastily re-sent it by e-mail, I was most relieved to get his comments back by the end of the afternoon, thus freeing me up to attempt the second of the assignments for this module.

So working on the second assignment occupied the afternoon.

This evening I was going to Youth Church anyway, and had the most brilliant time. I think the members did, too - at least, I had great difficulty getting them to go home, and we finished over half an hour late!

So thank you, Lord. Please help us to make Friday evenings a really positive experience for our members. Please help us also to get the Christian message across in an interesting and attractive way.

No comments: