Thursday 10 April 2008

Multiple Sclerosis

Today I was talking to someone I care a lot about who has MS, and was saddened to learn that there are people who do not accept that it is a disabling condition. If only these people were right! The truth is that a person with MS does not know from one day to the next what part of their body's functioning - which the rest of us can just take forgranted - is going to be affected next.

The basic facts are available from the MS Society web site at:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/about_ms/index.html

My prayer today is for research to show the way to a cure, or at least effective treatment to halt the progress of the condition. Dear Father, I find it impossible to believe that it is your will for thousands of your children to live permanently with pain and disability, and yet I know that so many do. I thank you for those who do so with courage and cheerfulness and ask your special blessing for them. I pray that you would enable our medical researchers to find a cure and/or an effective treatment for MS. I pray also that you would empower your church to pray to you for healing and especially for release from pain.

Finally, Father, I pray that you would enable us to bring good cheer, peace, comfort and affirmation to those we know who experience pain and disability, so that we ourselves may be a blessing to them, and a channel for your loving care.

No comments: