Tuesday 30 October 2007

Young women with eating disorders

Men and older women can have eating disorders too, but of the 70,000,000 people worldwide who are struggling with eating disorders, 90 - 95% are women and 95% are aged between 12 and 25.

Dear Father God, you made each one of us in your image, and you love us just as we are. Please help each one of us to accept her own body and to appreciate how wonderful and how beautiful it is. Lord, it just blows my mind to think of the intricate work you were doing to create me as I grew in my mother's womb. Thank you that I was born with a fully functioning body that had the potential to grow and develop.

You gave me life, and said "yes" to that life continuing every time it was threatened. Please help me and other women to accept that gift of life with both hands, and to take delight in everything it offers.

No comments: