Monday 27 July 2009

A touching "thank you"

I've already told the story of Robin Bragg taking a laptop on the plane with him when he went to Kenya, and successfully giving this to Mike. What I didn't know was that Mike sent us all a beautiful "Thank you" card, which Robin passed on when he got home. I will try to get a photograph online for you to see.

The wording is:
I want to thank you for STANDING by me
and HELPING me in your own way when I really NEEDED you.
I cannot state my GRATITUDE towards you.
Thank you for all that you did for me.
Thank you FOR EVERYTHING!

There were also two lovely postcards from Kenya, one from Mike, and one from his foster brother Mogga, also thanking us for supporting Mike.

I can't wait for Mike to get back to Nairobi, so that I can e-mail him our thanks! I have no way of contacting him when he is at home in Sudan, and he has been there since the last semester ended in May. There are two semesters a year: August to December, and January to May.

No comments: